Sunday, October 6, 2013

Random Little Stories (RLS)

Ok, some of these blog posts have been monstrously long, and I wanted to add in a little variety, so Im going to start telling these random little stories from each day (which I will call RLS) so they won't get stale in my mind as they wait for a longer post.

First RLS:

I went to church yesterday with one of my roommates, who sings in the choir there. Everyone shook my hand and they made me stand up and accept applause and such, the usual awkward and embarrassing stuff that happens. The service, however, had three events in the bulletin dedicated to an Air Conditioner (they call it AirCon in the Philippines). I thought it was a metaphor or something, but no: we dedicated it, prayed over it, sung a song about it, and counted down as it was turned on for the first time. Definitely not a metaphor.

The pastor also came up to me and said, and I quote: "Hello, you are from America? Which state? Oh, Kentucky. Well, if you ever want to come over and talk or play basketball-wait, you do play basketball? Yes? Great.- well, feel free to come over and talk and play basketball with me."

So if there is bball with the minister, I will be sure to post some pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment